No, this won’t be a biting satyrical look at the insanity of “Black Friday,” the infamous day after Thanksgiving sales spectacular! No, I simply don’t have the energy for it today. I generally abhor the thought of holiday shopping, especially when it involves parking, waiting in lines and/or being crowded into the back of a shop by inconsiderate shoppers, pushing and shoving everyone in sight to facilitate their obtaining a copy of Friends: Season 87 on DVD for their dear second cousin in Sheboigan. I, however, thanks to the power of the interweb and having a paycheck, did a large portion of my shopping today. Therefor, any spiteful words about people who get in line and shop today will have to be saved for next year, to avoid the appearance of hypocrisy.
I do know, however, some people who don’t have a clue as to what to lovingly purchase at a discount and hide under my tree. No fear, dear ones! I am here to rescue you from that bitter wasteland that is holiday purchase confusion. I’m not expecting any of the following from anyone, but, well, it may give you some ideas (plus, you can use this for ideas in gift giving for other people. Bonus round!):
- My Amazon.com Wishlist: I tend to put things on there as a reminder to myself what to buy in the future… but anything on there is a safe bet.
- Neighborhoodies Gift Certificate: They have $25-100 gift certificates for use toward making a kick-ass custom shirt/hoodie/etc. Awesome people to work with.
- Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Speaker System: A bit pricey, sure, but damn, skippy! These things literally go to eleven.
- Sweatshop-free t-shirt: Pretty slick shirt. (I have a thing for funny and bizarre t-shirts)
- Space Invaders t-shirt: Ashley showed me this one. I want, I want.
- Things from Veer:
- Nat Vignette typeface: Full of great vignettes. Yes, Ashley, I am I giant nerd.
- Letterhead Fonts Typefaces:
So now you have some ideas. Oh, I wear a Men’s Large in t-shirts, if that helps. 😉